Wednesday, March 5, 2014

[Review+Swatch] Milani Nail Lacquer for 2014



Hi everyone! I can't believe it's already March. Sorry, it's been a little quite around here lately. I got caught up in a lot of projects, including new Pretty Jelly collections for spring/summer 2014! There's a preview of one of the collections on FB if you'd like to see it. I'll be posting official swatches on the blog soon, so you can look forward to that. :)

In the meantime, check out these ten new releases from Milani for 2014!


White, 3 coats: white creme. My favorite white creme is actually from Milani's Gold Label line called White On The Spot. WOTS has a bit more yellow in it, making it cream colored. White, on the otherhand, is true white in comparison. I hope that wasn't too confusing. x_x

Formula-wise, it was a little streaky with a medium-thick consistency. I personally prefer WOTS over White.


Vanilla Almond, 2 coats: nude creme. This nude is fairly neutral, so it should flatter most skin tones. There were no problems to report with the formula either. It also wore well on its own for 4-5 days with minimum tip wear.


Peach Innocence, 2 coats: peach creme. I love peach and blush tones, especially for spring! It applies nicely in two smooth coats and looks great as a neutral mani.


Canyon Country, 2 coats: orange-brown creme. I actually don't have anything like this in my collection. I think my stash is seriously lacking in browns and greys. Anyway, I've taken a liking to this sienna color. Applies nicely too. :)


Heather, 2 coats: purple-mauve creme. More purple than mauve, but it has that dusty feel to it. Great two coat formula. Looks like it could be a dupe for OPI I'm Feeling Sashy (Miss Universe 2013).


Cupid's Touch, 2 coats: blue-tones medium pink creme. It's kind of in between a pink and a purple. Great formula here as well.


Mauve Medley, 3 coats: deep berry-mauve creme. It looked okay at 2 coats, but I did 3 for pictures. No problems with the application, and the result looks sleek and shiny.


Golden Romance, 1 coat over Mauve Medley: intense gold shimmer with multi-sized rose glitter. The gold shimmer looks gold over light colors, but takes on a greenish tinge over dark colors. As you can see, it's pretty opaque, so you could probably wear 2-3 coats of it on its own.


Iced Mango, 2 coats: red-orange shimmer with slightly bigger silvery shimmer. Great coverage, and great color!


Mulberry Sugar, 2 coats: deep purple/red-brown shimmer with slightly bigger silvery shimmer. Love this color! I wore it with studs and really enjoyed it.


Verdict: If you've used Milani polishes before, you can expect the same great quality from their newest shades. Almost all of these were opaque in just two coats and applied flawlessly.

Availability: Milani is available online at milani.com for $4.49 each. You can also find them at CVS for $3.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)