Sunday, December 1, 2013

Precision Toxic Love Collection Swatches + Review



Hey guys! I recently got to try out this new collection by Precision and can't wait to share my experience with you.  First, a little bit about the brand. Precision is a line of polishes created by Lamoon Beauty. Lamoon means "the moon", representing the shape of our nail beds. I thought that was cute. :)

The collection I am showing you today consists of "six dark, seductive, and deep shades." Each polish is vegan, eco-friendly, cruelty-free, and 3-free.

Since this was my first time wearing Precision nail lacquers, I did conduct a wear test with a few of the colors. For the most part, I would say that these wore fairly well.  I had minimum tip wear on day 5 and a small chip on day 7.  This was without base coat and top coat, so I'm sure it would wear much better with them.

Now on to the swatches!


Till Death Do Us Part, 2 coats: dark magenta red shimmer. The formula is a dream to apply. It's pigmented with just the right consistency. The result is smooth and even application with excellent control. It even has a good shine to it without any top coat.



I'd Love To Hate You, 2 coats: dark berry creme. At first I wasn't thrilled when I saw this color in the collection, mainly because OPI has included this color is almost every collection this year and I'm never really wowed by it. So I begrudgingly began painting my nails with it, only to finish with a smile. The formula on this is awesome! And it fully deserves that exclamation mark. It is so creamy, smooth, and even - super important in creme polishes. On top of that, it has a beautiful glossy finish. I prefer this to the countless others I own and for the first time...I actually like this color. :O



Intoxicated, 2 coats: rich violet with red shimmer. You know me, I love my purple-reds. So it's no surprise that I enjoyed wearing this one. Indoors, it's a vibrant purple that turns into a beautiful glowing purple with a more pronounced red shimmer in the sunlight. Again, the formula had no flaws.



I'm Addicted To You, 2 coats: vampy, dark mauve creme. It borders on being black, but doesn't quite cross over. No surprises here, the formula was spot on, which is always welcome with dark colors.



Poison Ivy, 2 coats: dark, cool green with fine gold shimmer and sprinkling of orange shimmer. The orange is really not that visible unless you look very closely, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. The gold shimmer isn't that in-your-face either, but more on the subtle side. It's a lovely color and a sure favorite for green polish lovers. There were no problems with the formula here either.



Toxic Wast-ing My Time, 3 coats: dark caramel/bronze brown with gold subtle gold shimmer. It has strong warm undertones and applies a little sheerer than the other polishes in this collection. Still, it applied smoothly without much trouble and was opaque in three coats. At first I wasn't too sure about this color, but after wearing it a bit, I definitely warmed up to it. I'd say this is the more unique color of the bunch.


Verdict: Impressed! If this collection is representative of all the colors from Precision, then I have high hopes for this line. I'd say the formula rivals or even excels other competitive salon brands. While I can't say the colors in this collection were too unique, the formula is worth dreaming about. I highly recommend checking these shades out, especially if you don't already own similar colors.

Availability: Precision nail lacquer can be found at precisionnaillacquer.com for $5.95 each. However, it looks like this collection is currently on sale for $18 as a set ($30 value), or $3.57 individually. :)


Are you familiar with Precision nail polishes? If so, which colors would you recommend from their line? 

♥ Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)