Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dr.'s REMEDY Hot Hot Hot Summer Shades Review

Hey all!

I'm back and with a great collection to review as well.  I got Dr.'s REMEDY's summer collection in the mail today and was excited to swatch them right away.  The collection consists of two cremes and three metallic polishes.


About the Company
"Dr.'s REMEDY is a line of doctor-inspired cosmetics that is dedicated to using clean, hypo-allergenic ingredients.  Enriched with naturally occurring antifungal ingredients like tea tree oil, garlic bulb extract, vitamins C and E, and wheat protein, Dr.'s REMEDY Enriched Nail Polish is free from harsh toxins to promote healthier, stronger nails and the first-ever nail polish on the market approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association."

NURTURE Nude Pink, 4 coats.  This was the only one that gave me trouble formula wise.  It was a bit streaky and sheer, so it took 4 coats to reach opacity and even out the streaks.  In terms of color, it's a nude pink like the name says.  There's a pretty rose pink shimmer in the bottle, but it's completely lost on the nail.  I think this one's my least favorite from the collection just because it doesn't look good with my skin tone.  It tends to make my hands look really dark and yellow.  Not a great combination.  However, I did figure out a way to make it work better with my skin tone, which I'll tell you later.  Overall, I think this would look much better on those with pink or cool skin undertones.


***
LOVELY Lavender, 3 coats but opaque in 2.  Lovely Lavender is a pretty, pale purple that looks fresh and summery on the nail.  I think it's a tad bit darker in person and is closer in color to the second and third picture.  The formula was great with this one and the color reminds me of actual lavender flowers. :)


***
TRANQUIL Tangerine, 3 coats.  This is a vibrant bright orange that looks exactly like juicy tangerines.  I have a major love for tangerines and clementines, so this polish makes me want to eat them!  The polish is composed of densely packed yellow-orange shimmer in a metallic citrus orange.  Overall, I would classify this as a metallic polish.  I think this is a great color for a pedi!

***
GLEE Gold, 4 coats.  I actually really like this color on me, which wasn't what I was expecting.  The only thing is it's sheer, so it needs 4 coats for complete opacity.  The color isn't a pure gold, but sort of a light tan-gold reminiscent of sand.  Another great thing is, one coat of this layered over Nurture Nude Pink will warm it up enough to make it wearable for me.


***
BOLD Baby Blue, 3 coats.  My pictures make this color more vibrant and sky blue, but it's actually the definition of a metallic baby blue.  The kind you see on new born baby boys.  It does lean more towards sky blue outdoors, but it's not as dark as my pictures show.  As a blue polish lover, this one is definitely one of my favorites from the collection.



Overall, I think this is a nice collection.  One of the greater pluses is that it's actually good for your nails.  You can buy these online at www.remedynails.com for $17 each.  This may seem a bit pricey, but I think it is well worth the price if you consider all the natural ingredients that go into their polishes.  They also got the nod of approval from my dad who is a doctor.  He's been sending me all sorts of articles on how bad polishes are for my nails ever since I started collecting them.  Ingredients like tea tree oil are pretty common in our home, so I know how great these really are for you.  I also took a look at their other polishes online, and they seem to have great selection of colors as well. :)  You can also follow Dr.'s Remedy on Facebook by liking them here: Dr.'s REMEDY Facebook page.

What are your thoughts on these polishes?  Do you own any polishes from Dr.'s Remedy?  Let me know in the comments! ^^


Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

12 comments:

  1. That blue is stunning on you! I've never tried this brand and I am liking that they get the seal of approval from docs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reviewed these also and found the nude was the only one I had a problem with. I really like the collection too and would totally recommend them. The blue is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own any yet, but I love the lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these look good on you! The lavender is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love the nude more if it had a nice formula like the lavender creme and had that pretty shimmer. The blue is definitely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you'll like it! Especially since the formula was great with that one. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome! I actually like the nude on you :) I've never heard of this brand before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! They're polishes are only found online, so that might be why they're less known than those readily available. But they are definitely worth checking out! The delivery was fast too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I think it's great that doctors approve of this polish too. I definitely think it's worth a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them! I love the baby blue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a nice collection! I loved reading your review, and the baby blue looked great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! I love your review too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)