Saturday, July 16, 2011

Deborah Lippmann: Get This Party Started Swatches

My first Deborah Lippmanns, and I'm so in love with this set!  Muchas gracias to the bf for getting these for me! <3

Black: Forget You  // Pink: Candy Shop
 Look at the cute packaging it came in!



Forget You. 3 coats.  Whenever I think of this name the Glee version of the song goes off in my head. :P  Anyway, Forget You has a black jelly base filled with the multicolored glitter from Happy Birthday, which is also included in this set.  I didn't swatch that one since it's already been done to death. ^^  I love how these have a layered look that gives it depth.  Some of the glitters are under the base while some are half submersed creating a mix between color and sparkle.  The base is also emphasizing different glitters as well as giving some of them a dark tint.  The formula for both Forget You and Candy Shop were superb.  I seriously understand why these are so expensive!  I was able to apply the thinnest coats ever and still take my time. 


Candy Shop.  3 coats.  Three very thin coats for this one as well.  Candy Shop is a bubble gum pink jelly and is also composed of the multicolored glitter from Happy Birthday.  My review for this one is the same as the one for Forget You.  I know one of the things that bothered me was that the glitters weren't unique to the base, but just Happy Birthday thrown into a colored base.  Now that I have these on my nails it's obvious how much difference the base color can make on the glitter.  In Forget You the red, blue, green, silver and yellow glitters are more emphasized.  In Candy Shop the blue, silver, pink and green are emphasized.  All in all, it's the same glitter but two very different looks and feels.  Don't forget to click on my pics for a macro shot. ^^






Overall, I really love this set and am definitely now a fan of Deborah Lippmann.  The way I see it, if at least two of these appeal to you from the set, it's worth splurging on since the price difference is $6 dollars between buying two individually and buying the set.  You can always trade away the other one for a different Lippmann shade. ^^

I'm curious to know what your opinions on these are and which ones you're loving.  Let me know in the comments! :)


Liz
___
P.S.
I think Forget You and Candy Shop look great next to each other.  I think an alternating mani or using Candy Shop as an accent nail for a Forget You mani would be uber cute. :)

**note:  Happy Birthday was previously known for it's tiny square glitters among medium hexagonal glitters, which distinguished it from its all hexagonal dupe Milani Gems.  However, this square glitter is not present in Candy Shop or Forget You.  I also noticed the new Happy Birthday, both in the set and those sold individually, do not have square glitters.  The only noticeable difference I can detect between HB and Gems is that HB contains lemon yellow glitter while Gems has light gold glitter that tends to blend in with its silver glitters.  Otherwise, great set overall, although I am bummed about the change to all hexagonal glitter.

27 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous your so lucky someone must love u! I want this set so bad they look gorgeous on you nice swatches I'm so in love can't wait to get my own hope they are still avail by the time my bday comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me must have Candy Shop one day. One day. :D Both look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This set is only being sold at Nordstrom for the Anniversary Sale, but will be sold individually at other Lippmann retailers in August. I don't think there are any Lippmann retailers in Australia? So you might have to wait a little bit for the individual sale. I think http://www.kissandmakeupny.com/ is your best bet. They sell DL polishes for US retail prices and have flat rate shipping. Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these! And your swatches are fantastic. DL does the best glitters, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Candy Shop reminds me of a lot of confetti. I would def try it out as an accent nail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Candy Shop much more now that I've seen it here. It looks so cute and squishy in your pictures!
    But I still can't afford it...*slithers off to franken*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them both, but I think the pink one is my favorite! Super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what to think about these. Sometimes I hate them, but looking at your swatches I really like Candy Shop. I guess that's why I just need to try them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! And I agree, I love her glitters. They're all on my wish list, especially Across the Universe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i m loving forget you .. i wish i could get them ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Candy Shop is definitely my fav from the set. I was surprised by the squishiness myself, and the color! It was kind of hard to tell from the promos. I think it's worth the splurge, but I definitely understand. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should definitely try them out in store when they come out individually! Sometimes you just need to see it on your nail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Party on your nails :D Love it!!!
    I gotta get some of these for myself :) Beautiful swatches, as always. Love reading you ;)

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! But you should check your Happy Birthday before you buy it. I just noticed mine doesn't have square glitters, which I feel sets it apart from dupes like Milani Gems. Wasn't very happy about that, so I think I'll take it back and see if I can get one with square glitters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! I am a lucky girl. ^^ I hope you get yours on your bday! It is a lovely set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the swatches! I like the candy shop! They look pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. good nail !
    I'm follow now from Tokyo
    Please follow back

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG awesomest set of glitter goodness EVAR! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! Candy Shop is my fav too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you! :) If you love pink Candy Shop is a hard one to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. they're so awesome! where can i buy these online? nordstrom doesnt ship to australia :(:(
    nice nails btw, they all look so nice on you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. That colors and the nails are looking awesome. Thanks for sharing and i will try this on weekend.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, but is this not HOT!!! Your nails look awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)