Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sephora by OPI: Once a Cheetah, Always a Cheetah

If you haven't noticed yet, Sephora has come out with a new summer line, The Safari Luxe collection.  Naturally, when I went to Sephora the limited edition colors were all sold out: Caught with my Khakis Down and Once a Cheetah, Always a Cheetah.  So I scurried on over to JCPenney, and the Sephora there had all the colors. :)  At the time, Caught with my Khakis Down (CKD) wasn't really calling out to me, so I only grabbed Once a Cheetah, Always a Cheetah.  But I do know the unique IT color from this collection is CKD.  I'm actually considering going back and grabbing that one.  I feel like I might regret it when they no longer carry it. -_-

I also did a quick one swipe swatch of all the colors in store, and I know for a fact that the two "holographic" colors are not holographic.  So don't fall for that! :P  I was actually most excited about those two until I saw "holographic" meant...multi colored shimmer.

Once a Cheetah, Always a Cheetah (these names are so long), has a bright orange base abundant with yellow-orange shimmer.  The end result is almost like a foil, although I don't think this falls exactly under that category.  I also noticed this looks lighter indoors.  Outside the bright orange base lights up and the shimmer is nearly blinding.  Although, it's not entirely unique, if you don't have any shimmery oranges yet, I would recommend this.

Here's 3 coats of Once a Cheetah, Always a Cheetah.  On my middle nail I used 5 coats to get it completely opaque to cover the crack I have on my tip.  It is a bit sheer, but in the sunlight it looks pretty opaque because of the shimmer.


Have you picked up any polishes from the Safari Luxe collection?  What did you think? :)


Liz

6 comments:

  1. lmbo I was so annoyed when I realized that there was no holo in the holo colors.
    But anyway, this one looks really cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this nail color looks gorgeous on you!~ (:
    I love the bright and fun orange~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any orange shimmer nail polish;; why?? I don't know cos it's super cute!

    I don't have a Sephora nearby...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I LOVE it! So summery! Fabulous blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Did you see the PolishAholic's comparison of this and Zoya Tanzy? They're pretty much exact dupes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!

    @Fiona: I haven't, but I heard they were dupes. Which is good, because I wanted Tanzy! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)